Sunday, August 26, 2007

First Impressions

Written: August 20, 2007

Returning to Bangladesh is a wonderful feeling, I'm really excited to spend this year here. Today Matt and I explored Prokritee (The Source) gift shop and Aarong Dept. store to kill some time. Looking at things is very different when you know you have a year to get whatever you need. Matt and I slept through when we were supposed to get out cell phones and hopefully tonight we will sleep well. The intensity of the country comes flooding back. The heat and humidity is pretty intense, with temperatures around 34 degrees Celcius with fans running and nearly 100% humidity. Tonight has been relaxing, I have been going over some Bangla books we received and am preparing to move up to Mymensingh. Dinner tonight was the spiciest dish of soup and vegetables I've had in months; hopefully my stomach accustomizes quickly. So far I'm doing great and am excited for this adventure.
Peace.
Steve.

No comments: